I have some nice 515Bs and GPA rebuilt 802-Ds, and a pair of SHOWCO 9000 ( Emilar 500 copies) horns. All of this is waiting to be mounted into two A-7 enclosures, which I have not yet sourced. Was unable to find A7 Model 825 enclosures, but have a "line" on multiple A7 Model 828 enclosures.
What do I do to adapt the 515Bs to the later model A7-828 enclosures, which, I believe use the wider bolt pattern for the later woofer drivers ?
Do I modify the mounting holes on the 515Bs, slot them a bit, which I am hesitant to do, or is there a "best way" to modify the later enclosures to fit the 515Bs without hacking up the 515B frames?
The 515Bs sound amazingly good to me, into the midrange, driven all alone, on the living room floor, with a SE 6AH4GT 1.2 Watt triode amp !!!
But its now the TIME to get an answer from those experienced, on adapting 515Bs to the later A7 model 828 enclosures.
Thoughts and ideas, advice, most welcomed. Thank you all.
Jeff






Bookmarks